Friday, April 18, 2014

Toxic Cheerios

The previous post about seeing a flying disk got this site its most views in a month in November 2013. It received its first views from the African continent and its first translations into Chinese. Thanks for all your support and welcome to my nightmarish walk in the world with myself.

As I told you in Storm story, I’ve been master of ceremonies for a ridiculous, impossible battle waged by my trust and an errant trustee who helped himself to over $190,000.00 of mine, and insisted to the state I would never need ANY money.

The bulk of the money has been gone almost 16 months. I’m approaching the eleventh month of pursuing remedial action. This week I’m asking why this dirty thief isn’t in jail, among other questions. After all, a guy takes a couple hundred bucks from a convenience store and the cops often pick him up within minutes, not knowing what he looks like or his name. Is stealing almost $200,000.00 legal when you know exactly who did it and it’s beautifully documented? YES!

Law enforcement told me to report ongoing mischief related to the crime. I had the unpleasant task to make a couple calls to report the silliness of food that mysteriously goes bad for no reason, and consider it part of the trouble in that poisoning is a recurring theme in the bundle of events related to the trustee’s stealing. One of the foods that suddenly became vomit inducing is a favorite snack, General Mills Honey Nut Cheerios.

Coincidentally, it happened after I’d eaten a couple small servings the usual way, dry. Those were fine. Then, I left the house to run errands, came back, ate a serving, and found myself leaning over the trash can yacking like a dog. I’ve had that experience about a dozen times with different foods since pop died, which is exceptional. I’ve done my own cooking for more than 40 years. I don’t make many mistakes. If I do, I know what they are. If you eat bad food, you generally know what it is and what went wrong. I don’t have an explanation for Cheerios that become toxic two or three days after they’re opened.

I posited to the agent that maybe General Mills was using genetically modified oats in Cheerios. That may be the explanation. General Mills has terms for people who like them on Facebook: those people can’t join class action lawsuits and must submit disputes to arbitration.

Cheerios commercials show adults feeding this cereal to babies in high chairs. For generations, Cheerios has been marketed as synonymous with purity and goodness in food preparation, and considered a standard candle food. Now, after air hits them for a few hours, they ooze the weed killer Round Up. That can’t be good for business. This small detail is a giant paradigm shift.

Updated 5/3/14: After thinking about it, I don't think General Mills is to blame, and I don't think the problem is in my body, because this same thing has happened with a variety of foods and with the water I chill in the refrigerator for the first time. No one in town can analyze food and water for contamination, so far as I can tell, because I live on the lone prairie. It may later be shown that General Mills is peddling funky Cheerios. I seriously doubt it. Nevertheless, I threw out an unopened box.