Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Interruptions are stupid

I hate interruptions. I may not have a big, urgent mission in the world, but my daily tasks are important to me. Now I'm being interrupted by the trillion droppings left by a mouse the cats didn't want to catch, for some reason. Finally, I broke out a trap. It doesn't look or seem like a big problem, but I just spent four days cleaning out from under the kitchen sink, and I'm still not finished. But, I'm getting there. Before I'm done, I'll need to clean every pot and pan, all the flatware, all the kitchen implements and a variety of other gadgets along with the places they are stored, thanks to this prolific little shithole.

It reminds me of the Bush administration's approach to war, and I think about that while I clean. As a nation, we could have great aspirations, or it could be nothing more than business as usual; but, the least of our country's business is better than wasting lives and incomprehensibly vast resources on war.

Bush and Cheney don't care. They don't want to learn or follow the law, and what better way to evade accountability than to have the country at war? Oil and military industries fund GOP campaigns, so war is great for them. T. Boone Pickens was grinning ear to ear today on Faux News about how great his money situation is thanks to Bush policies. What could be wrong?

It's a reprehensible outrage, and a big problem to those of us who aren't the richest one-tenth of one percent in the world, that's what's wrong. If you weren't sickened enough by the scripted, propaganda Iraq tours for politicans and think tankers and President Dickface's announcements of how eager he is to attack Iran, don't miss Keith Olbermann's remarks regarding Robert Draper's book, Dead Certain, in which Bush declares he's setting up a situation which will keep our military presence in Iraq for all eternity. YouTube has the video.

I'll have some remarks about Iran later, but you can pretty much guess how that will go.